About Me

My photo
Theres nothing much to tell really, im an artist/printmaker living and working in east london. I spend too much time on the internet and am an avid collector of things, as you will find out.

Monday 6 April 2009

The assembled masses of Gnomedom Vs a 5 year olds Birthday party...

It was my flatmates little sisters 5th birthday party yesterday, a few of us were roped in by his mum to help out. it was a surprising amount of fun actually. Jimmie mistakenly started a balloon fight with a child who'd eaten nothing but cake all day, bad move methinks! the little boy had back up and we gave Jim nothing of the sort, he was soon lost to a sea of hyperactive 5 year olds, he's still missing presumed dead.

Due to my unparalleled qualifications, (being a B.A and the fact i was there at the time) I was elected to paint faces, I'll have to get onto Penni and see if she took any pics.
It was a daunting task, but I was swung when I found out I would be getting booze bought to me at my beckon call. The kids were so cute, they formed an orderly queue in front of my chair, Maya (the birthday girl) was first, she wanted to be a Dalmatian, that was easy, its all white faces and spots, the next kid wanted to be a Lion, the next Spiderman, then a whole string of more Dalmatians and Tigers.

I thought I only just got away with some of these shoddy animal representations, but all the parents were so impressed, one even asked me if i was a professional!  Is there even such a thing as a professional kiddie face painter, and if so what are the hourly rates as a change of career may be in order!?!

P.S. I f anyone sees a Jimmie wandering alone looking slightly lost and shellshocked, please return him to this address as he is sorely missed, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment