About Me

My photo
Theres nothing much to tell really, im an artist/printmaker living and working in east london. I spend too much time on the internet and am an avid collector of things, as you will find out.

Monday 13 April 2009

Easter Weekend Sci-Fi...

So there was a couple of shows I was looking forward to over this weekend, firstly the (all be it short lived) return of Red Dwarf in 'Back To Earth' which wasn't entirely crap, the second being the easter special of Dr Who in 'The Planet Of The Dead' which was ok but a bit re-hashed for my liking.
These are both shows I have loved since I was a kid and really wasn't sure if either needed to be revived. In the case of Dr Who, it was great when it came back, even more so when Billie Piper left. 
This new Red Dwarf on the other hand was just a bit shabby, it had a couple of great Dwarf moments but too few and far between, also not sure about the thin Blade Runner "homage" near the end.

All in all it was a bit of a poor show, bland scripts and reworked old ideas... oh well at least there's another series of Dr Who coming soon!



also, hoorah! 4oD now works on Macs...

No comments:

Post a Comment